- Relationship Issues (Self, Spouse, Significant Other, Family, Friends, Co-Workers)
- Life Transitions (Loss, Work Change, Move, New Parents, Deciding to Have Children, Empty Nesters)
- Chronic Health Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- (Change Your Thoughts, Change your Behaviors)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- (Helps to diffuse impact of negative emotions unnecessary emotional dwelling to reshape your thinking)
- Narrative Therapy
- (Clients tell their stories in their own words. Together we look for new meanings to help alter or create new stories).
- Self Compassion Practice
- (Entails being understanding and kind to ourselves when you are struggling, feel as though you have failed or feel inadequate. Rather than ignoring our pain or being self-critical, we treat ourselves how we would treat our loved ones).
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- (helps to reduce overall arousal and emotional reactivity to gain a deeper sense of calm).
Couple Specific Methods:
- Gottman Method (Trained)
This method helps couples increase friendship behaviors. become more intimate, and manage conflict. Researched-based assessments are used to thoroughly understand what is not working well, along with where your relationship strengths lie.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples (Trained/Certified
Discover and understand your negative cycles/patters of interactions so that you both can see what is taking place within your relationship. Learn the meanings and feelings underneath these difficult interactions so that you can understand and express yourself with love, understand and empathy during the midst of your negative and harmful interactions.
- Relational Life Therapy
This form of therapy also helps manage conflict, improve communication, create more emotional/physical intimacy. RLT builds on a philosophy of “joining through truth.” It brings to the forefront the most difficult challenges and truths of your relationship. All the while dysfunctional behavior is addressed, both of you eventually feel heard and understand that each of your wants and needs are important.